Start date:Sun, November 11, 2018 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST
Location:Fordham University Lincoln Center 113 West 60th Street New York, NY 10023
Block Plus Summit – Token Economy and Financial Market
– Powered by Blockpulse360, Blocktalk, Spark Digital Capital, Fordham CSSA, and Fordham Fintech Network
Security token (ST) is an innovative tool with the potential to fundamentally change the global financial market. In the conference, we will discuss the prospects and future of ST from different perspectives, such as regulation, technology, finance, and market. The conference provides students, crypto fans and professional investors a great opportunity of learning and idea exchange.
- Participation from both traditional financial institution and sector disruptor
- Deep and cutting-edge discussion about blockchain from perspectives of regulation, technology, finance and market
- A part of ticket proceeds will be donated to support the policy-making, research, and advocacy of crypto
- 500+ audiences, 50+ investors, 30+ global blockchain media
- What are Security Tokens (ST)?
- Will ST disrupt the traditional financial market?
- What kind of business opportunities will be brought by ST?
- How can projects take advantage of ST as a business opportunity?
- Blockchain technology and its future path
- The future of digital asset management
Professor of Professional Practice at Columbia University in the City of New York. Former Chief Data Scientist & Sr. VP, Advanced Research and Technology at AIG. Over 20 years of senior leadership experience in creation, incubation, and commercialization of new path-breaking technologies at AIG, RAND, Xerox, Bellcore/Telcordia and Bell Labs including the creation of new startups. Areas include Information and Policy Analytics, Software Engineering, Communications and Services research.
MBA in Finance from the Executive Program at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Adjunct Professor at the Gabelli School of Business, Fordham University and Columbia Business School. Senior Advisor to the SolarCoin Foundation. He has 25 years of experience as a business school professor and mainly teaches courses on digital currency and value investment. He has 35 years of experience as an investment professional, and has launched the establishment of FinTech Think Tank to provide advisory services to companies and governments on issues related to digital currency. He has appeared as a moderator and panel member at numerous FinTech conferences discussing cryptocurrency regulation, compliance and fraud.
Slava Rubin is Co-founder of humbition, an early-stage operators fund built by founders, for founders. Slava also founded Indiegogo, a company dedicated to empowering people from all over the world to make their ideas a reality. As CEO for over 8 years from launch in 2008, Slava grew Indiegogo from an idea to over 500,000 campaigns and more than $1B distributed around the world. He led Indiegogo through its support of the JOBS ACT and entering into the Equity Crowdfunding and Security Token markets. Prior to Indiegogo, Slava was a strategy consultant working on behalf of clients such as MasterCard and FedEx for over a decade. He is also the founder of “Music Against Myeloma,” an annual charity event that raises funds and awareness for cancer research in partnership with the International Myeloma Foundation. Slava is a graduate of The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. He is also currently a member of the board for Indiegogo.
Jason Qiao is Chief Advisory of MatrixONE. Chief Visionary Officer of Youbi Capital. Former Executive Director of J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Master of FinMath, UChicago. Former Executive Director of J.P.Morgan Asset Management. Head of Portfolio Construction and Quant Strategy for Specialized Strategy Team of Private Bank in NYC, sitting as a member of the Investment Committee. With 12+ years of experience in JPMorgan, he had extensive experience in asset management, private wealth management, and Investment. His recent focuses cover innovative investment product design, especially with big data, AI, and Blockchain.
- Eric Bai Esq., Boss&Young Attorney-at-Law & Blockpulse360
- Slava Rubin, Co-founder at Indiegogo
- Mitchell Dong, Managing Director at Pythagoras Investment Management
- Perrin Quarshie, Founder & CEO at RealBlocks
- Wilfred Daye, Head of Financial Markets, OKCoin USA Inc.
- Kyle Frye, CFO at MLG Blockchain
- Jian Wu, Kobre & Kim LLP
- Cathy Yoon, General Counsel at Genesis Block and GB Capital Markets
- Manny Alicandro, Esq.
- Renee Leibler, Co-founder at Harmonic Chain
- April Wei, Chief Compliance Officer of BitMart Exchange
- Jing Luo, HIS Markit
- Prof. Siddhartha Dalal, Columbia University
- Adjunct Prof. Paul Johnson, Fordham University and Columbia University
- Christopher Swenor, Co-Founder, CEO at Alacris Protocol
- Keith Wright, Google
- Michael Moro, Chief Executive Officer at Genesis Trading / Genesis Capital
- Jeffrey Wernick, Early Investor in Uber, Airbnb and Bitcoin
- Xiaochen Zhang, Fintech4Good
- Harumi Urata-Thompson, CEO of Celestialdata
- Nelson Chu, CEO of Cadence
- Jon Parks, Founder and Principal, CELF Funding, Co-Founder and Partner, Building Block
Partners of the Summit:
Our Guests From:
About Block Plus Summit:
As of 2018, Blockpulse360 has the honors to co-host or sponsor the conferences with the organizations and affiliations at best educational institutions in the world such as Harvard Business School, MIT, Columbia University, NYU, and Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business to educate the students and professional about the blockchain innovations in technologies and financial market.
BlockTalk is a fast-growing blockchain WeMedia based in New York City. Our goal is to distribute the core insight in blockchain technology & cryptocurrency space, and trying to establish a healthier networking center based on ever-changing blockchain industry. We will help people get involved in this community by providing online/offline blockchain lectures.
About Coin Center:
Based in Washington, D.C., Coin Center is the leading non-profit research and advocacy center focused on the public policy issues facing cryptocurrency and decentralized computing technologies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Their mission is to build a better understanding of these technologies and to promote a regulatory climate that preserves the freedom to innovate using permissionless blockchain technologies.